Data Centre Shift Lead
One of the UK's leading Data Centre facilities management companies are looking for a Critical Shift Engineer at their customer site in Hayes. This individual will be responsible for the operation of the data centre, ensuring all environmental conditions are maintained at all times with regard to critical building systems.
- Ensure that routine PPM is carried out on all M&E plant in accordance with site task schedules and asset lists.
- Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the building are completed and to be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made. These reactive calls to also include concessionary stores and fabric related items.
- Ensure that sub-contractors perform to meet the requirement of the contract. Administer sub-contractor work approvals and safe operation while repair or service is carried out on site.
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order at all times.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the contract administrator or update the Maximo CAFM system.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared, reviewed and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices at all times.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of the site team, subcontractors and the client representatives.
- Ensure the provision of a safe and healthy working environment. To include the wearing of uniform and PPE at all times.
- To ensure tasks as directed are completed with the appropriate H&S awareness/implementation
- Overview the buildings environmental conditions using the BMS System and utilise same to maintain acceptable internal conditions
- 17th Edition BS7671 City and Guilds Minimum of 3 Years’ experience in a Facilities/Data Centre environment
- Highly demonstrable technical ability from either a mechanical or electrical perspective
- Electrical, BMS, PMS, UPS, chilled water & fire systems experience
- Knowledge of Data Centre Customer installations, such as racks, HAC, cabling, cross connects, power, testing & customer acceptance
Get in touch, send the CV in and we can discuss further!
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta Consultancy Services does not sponsor Visa applications.
M&E Engineer - Slough - Fastest Growing Data Centre Would you like to discuss an opportunity at one of the UK's fastest growing Data Centres at their facility in Slough? Join an organisation
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.